Although you may think all hairstylists have Miss Cleo Psychic skills, I can assure you most of us do not. My idea of copper and caramel are highly likely to be completely different than yours. My idea of a major change might be much more progressive than your idea. I do however want to make all of your hair fantasies come true. So lets get some ground rules set for a perfect hair consultation and ultimately the best hair of your life.
- Do communicate with me by texting pictures of color and cuts you are lusting after. The sooner the better. If you see a picture of a beautiful color or cut you want to talk with me about on your next visit just text it to me right then. The photo will then be in our communication history and easy to pull up. I love photos sent a minimum of 24 hours in advance so I can think about you and do my homework before you even step foot in the salon.
- When I ask you if you have had your hair colored or any chemical treatments on it I really need the honest answer. I do not want your hair to break off or turn Blahorange. 100% chance that your hair will reveal its history and it can save you loads of frustration, money and damaged hair to be honest upfront. That color/relaxer/perm you did two years ago is still in your long mermaid hair unless it was cut off.
- Please come to your appointment with clean and detangled, dry hair in the best style you could do. I want to see what your skill level is in taking care of your hair so I can then formulate an education styling lesson to bridge the gap between what style you want and what you know now. I wont be there every morning to caress your beautiful locks into the style you crave, so I need to make sure I empower you and fill your brain and hands with the right styling knowledge and tools. These are some of my favorite Curly Girl approved products.
- Please turn off or silent your cell phone during our consultation in salon. I need your full attention and communication while we converse about your hair and your hair issues. The consultation is the most important time and the conversation should really be about you and your hair. Save the chit chat for later.
- Please do not bring children or extra people or pets (service animals welcome) to your appointment. The extra people/kids/pets are distracting to me, the hairstylist, and makes it hard to focus on you, the superstar.
Be sure to follow these tips for a perfect hair consultation!
Carleen Sanchez, Nevada’s Curly Hair Expert